Fannie Farmer Mac and Cheese is well-known for its classic bake mac and cheese. This dish is created by Fannie Farmer in 1944 made it called as Fannie Farmer Mac and Cheese. This dish is tasty and flavorless.
Fannie Farmer Mac and Cheese: Time To Cook
You will need 40 minutes for cooking it; 20 minutes for the preparation and 20 minutes of cooking time. Just make sure, you have a lot time to cook it perfectly. Moreover, it’s able to serve 4 people.
1 pounds of elbow macaroni
4 tablespoons of butter
4 tablespoons of high quality flour
1 cup of milk
1 cup of cream
1⁄2 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1⁄2 cup of buttered breadcrumbs
Fannie Farmer Mac and Cheese: Directions
- Heat oven to 400°F before start cooking.
- Cook the macaroni until al dente and drain it well.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan
- mixed flour with salt and pepper, using a whip to stir.
- Pour milk and cream and stir it well.
- Boil it for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and cook (stirring constantly) 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese until the cheese melt.
- Turn the flame off.
- Add macaroni to the small saucepan and coat it with the cheese sauce.
- Remove the macaroni to a buttered baking bowl.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over it.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown and your Fannie Farmer Mac and Cheese is ready to serve.
- Freeze this Fannie Farmer Mac and Cheese in a zip-lock bag if you want to it later to and heat it again to have a warm Fannie Farmer Mac and Cheese.
- You can add up some macaroni and butter again, if you want to adjust the taste. Have a try!
Then, you can enjoy Fannie Farmer Mac and Cheese !
Enjoy it with your friends, lover, and family !