The grown up mac and cheese are full of flavor. Made of rich cheese and yummy macaroni, it tastes absolutely so good.
Grown up Mac and Cheese: Things You Have To Know
This grown up mac and cheese is enough for four servings. The preparation takes 45 minutes and the cooking time will take 30 up to 40 minutes away. The total time to cook this dish is in 1 hour 25 minutes. To make the grown up mac and cheese, you will need 2 medium of bowls, a small pan, and many others.
4 ounces sliced of thick bacon
Vegetable oil or olive oil
2 cups of macaroni
1½ cups of milk
2 tablespoons plain butter
2 tablespoons flour
4 ounces of grated Gruyere cheese
3 ounces of grated sharp Cheddar cheese
2 ounces of crumbled blue cheese
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 Pinch of nutmeg
2 slices of crusts removed white sandwich bread
2 tablespoons of chopped basil leaves.
Grown up Mac and Cheese: Directions
- Before start cooking heat the oven up to 400°F.
- Arrange the sliced thick bacon on the baking rack.
- Bake the bacon for 15 up to 20 minutes, until the sliced thick bacon is crisp.
- Remove the bacon to a plate and crumble it.
- Sprinkle the vegetable oil into a large bowl of salted water and boil it.
- Add the macaroni for 6 to 8 minutes, and drain it afterward.
- Heat the 1 ½ cups of milk in a small pan, don’t let it until boiled.
- Add flour and melted butter in a medium bowl. Cook it in low heat for 2 minutes, and then stir it with whip.
- While whipping, add hot milk and cook it for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Add the grated Gruyere cheese, Cheddar cheese, blue cheese, pepper, nutmeg and salt.
- Add crumbled bacon and the macaroni into it and stir it well. Pour it into 2 medium bowls.
- Put the bread slices in the food processor until you have crude crumbs.
- Sprinkle the basil and bread crumb on the top, and bake it for 35 up to 40 minutes until golden brown and the grown up mac and cheese almost ready.
- Serve your grown up mac and cheese hot.
Then, you can enjoy grown up mac and cheese !
Enjoy it with your friends, lover, and family !